Allergies Exist in Many Different Forms
At Becker ENT, we use a streamlined approach to diagnose and address your allergy symptoms. We specialize in convenient and effective allergy treatments.
Allergies present similar signs, and are pretty common. They are caused by a number of factors, including seasonal pollen from plants, trees, and weeds; pet dander; dust mites; mold; tobacco smoke; food; and certain chemicals.
Allergies can often be treated with antihistamines, decongestants, and other medications. Immunotherapy (allergy shots) is sometimes recommended in extreme cases when medical ENT treatment is ineffective.
Allergies are ranked among the most common chronic conditions affecting populations worldwide. Symptoms begin then the body’s immune system over reacts to harmless invaders that are typically in the form of pollen, pet dander, dust, molds or foods. These antigens trigger cells to release histamine and other chemicals leading to an inflammatory response. Symptoms range from seasonal annoyances, that include itchy eyes, runny nose, nasal congestion and sneezing to life threatening systemic reactions. The “Garden State” boats some of the highest pollen counts during spring and fall contributing to chronic sinus disease. Becker ENT is dedicated to address your allergy concerns by providing safe and relatively painless diagnosis as well as convenient and cost effective treatment.
- Skin Testing involves a relatively painless procedure using a multi-prick device to identify allergy to weeds, trees, grass, dust mite, pet dander and mold spores. Testing takes approximately 20-30 minutes and results are identified during the visit.
- Food Testing involves an initial visit to determine suspect food groups. An appropriate lab requisition will be given and requires no fasting. (Also an option for patients who cannot discontinue acid reflux medications for skin testing).
- Subcutaneous injections are offered at two convenient locations with flexible scheduling to fit your busy lifestyle. Sublingual therapy (self-administered drops under the tongue) are offered as a cost effective and convenient method of treatment for those patients who cannot adhere to a weekly shot schedule.
- Pediatric Testing is available for children three years and older.
- Pet Allergies: We offer sublingual therapy to neutralize symptoms as an alternative to giving up your family pet.
- Food allergy vs. intolerances: testing to distinguish allergy from intolerances as well as screening for Celiac Disease.